Friday, March 15, 2013

More Crafting

Some little things I have been doing lately....
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for Jeb for our anniversary this year. I kept thinking. "I wish he was just a girl then I would just send flowers to his work." So instead I made him a bouquet of candy flowers, got a helium "Happy Anniversary" balloon and Zak and I headed off to his work to embarrass him surprise him. Jeb is on a secure floor so I had to secretly call his co-worker, so he was Totally surprised when we showed up next to his desk. This is what his bouquet looked like!


I also have been wanting to make a holder/display for my jewellery for a long time. I got a bunch of free frames off Kijiji, so I decided to make this! I love it! All the frames are backed with lace. I plan on having them against a more colorful wall eventually, and I think the wall will look really good showing through the lace.



And last but not least I made a temple bag. I hated that my dress would CONSTANTLY get wrinkled. (I only used like a gym bag before) So this was my solution! I can hang it up when I am home, and it nicely folds into a bag for transport! :)
 It folds into a bag/tote thing, but has a hanger where you can hang it up! No wrinkles!
 A divided pocket at the bottom to store your stuff in
This one I made to give away, same thing just different style/fabric. I loved how they turned out!

7 comments:

  1. You're so talented! I need to make a temple bag like that. I hate having a wrinkly dress all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you need to give me a patten or a tutorial on how to make that bag! It looks awesome, I also hate the wrinkly dress situation! And what did you use in those frames to hang the jewelry on? I really love how it looks. Great idea. You are so crafty just like your momma. We should get together and craft one day! Love you ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure send you the pattern! We definitely need to craft together, that would be so much fun! As for hanging the jewellery, I used the smallest eyelet hook I could find at Home Depot and just opened them up with two pliers (they didn't have small enough hooks for my liking) And then for the earrings I just used the lace to hang them.

      Delete
  3. You are so talented Rachel! Love it all! Way to surprise Jeb! That was probably a bigger THRILL than the candy bouquet! TEE HEE!!! I need a temple bag too. GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many necklaces, great idea! Plus did you have the pattern for the temple bag already? If not, where did you find one? They look great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used this tutorial for the bag, took me a while to find, but I knew what I was looking for and hoped that someone had made something like it!

    http://sewfabulouslypink.blogspot.ca/2012/02/temple-garment-bag-tutorial.html

    I changed some things like made it a little longer, and made the zipper go all the way to the top, and only did one pocket not the front one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your temple bag! I keep thinking I need one like this! You probably don't have time to help me make one before you leave, but if you do, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete