Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Finally!

I FINALLY got my craft on and finished a project that had been in the works for quite a while. I had originally seen this on the internet a while back, here. I figured I would maybe get around to it, but even buying teapot and teacups from Good Will and such can still be pretty expensive!

 But then I got lucky! The school I was teaching at did an "Alice in Wonderland" themed prom grad, and collected teacups and teapots to decorate with. When they were done with them I asked if I could have them. Most of the people I worked with thought I was crazy and had no clue why I would want old ugly things that were stuck together, whereas I was in HEAVEN! :)

So this is the final result!


 I absolutely love it! I wanted to get a cute colourful lampshade to put on it like this or this, but alas, I'm not going to the states for a bit, so this will have to do until I can get to target! :)

I also decided to make some totally unhealthy but delicious pretzel turtles. I used to melt chocolate and melt caramel to make these, but using rolos is SOO much easier! (I don't think it tastes quite as good, but oh well)



And of course! I can't make a blog post without the most recent pictures of Zak!

Sleeping with daddy!

 Wearing matching Polo Shirts!

 Zak helped daddy with laundry! (he was in charge of socks)

 Chilling in his swing...

 First time in the Bumbo! 

He found his finger!

4 comments:

  1. Rach so cute! Your little guy is getting cute chubby cheeks.
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the lamp what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel your lamp is so awesome!!! Your pretzels look yummy and I love all the pics of Zak. I like that you aren't waiting to get him involved with the chores. Why delay? TEE HEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lamp idea!!

    I think you are right on track with kids chores. I always tell mine: why have kids if you can't make them work?!

    ReplyDelete